Autumn Archery

 On a lovely October Saturday I got out under the green, red and oranges of the autumn woods. Been dealing with a head cold this week so the morning spent in the fresh air with the bow was definitely what Dr. Fred Bear would have recommended. Sinuses opened up in the crisp morning temperatures though it became surprisingly warm as the day advanced toward noon.



Started the day by repairing my wiki shelter which has been neglected of late. A tee pee style shelter I built it a few years ago primarily to store my animal feed bag archery targets and was in desperate need of winterizing before the first snowfall. Gave me an opportunity to use my newest hatchet, a CRKT tomahawk I picked up on Amazon. An excellent addition to my bush crafting kit.



Using my 55# Hungarian composite bow with bamboo arrows. Speaking of awesome kit this bow is a great shooter with a surprising amount of pop for a 55# draw. Had to double up my target bags to be an effective arrow stop.




Autumn is my favorite time spent under the green with the smells, colors and, most importantly, the lack of bugs; black flies, mosquito's and ticks-though I still do tick checks afterwards cause they can be anywhere at anytime of year. A modern plague of locusts.





Seems like I turned the corner on my head cold as I feel much better after my day outside. Got to loose some arrows too.....nice! Might just salvage the long Thanksgiving weekend after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei